Dental crowns in Smile Forever Atlanta are specialized prosthetics that are placed over teeth to enhance their strength, durability, and also to create a smoother look. They are usually used to treat a cracked tooth, an old filling that should be replaced, or severe tooth decay. Crowns are custom-made with a multitude of different materials depending on the case and are matched to the color of your other teeth to give a uniform appearance.
When do you need a dental crown?
You need a dental crown in the following cases:
- Teeth with a large filling
- Teeth with severe tooth decay
- Teeth that are weakened due to loss of structure
- Cracked or fractured teeth
- Broken teeth
- Teeth that have received root canal therapy
- Teeth that are badly worn down
- To cover up teeth that are misshapen or too small
- To cover a severely discolored tooth
- To hold dental bridges in place
- To cover up dental implants
What are the different types of crowns?
There are various types of dental crowns:
PFZ Crowns: These crowns are also known as Porcelain Infused Zirconium and combines strength, durability, and aesthetics.
Zirconium Crowns: These crowns are considered to be the strongest. They come in opaque and translucent varieties and are made of the strongest type of crystal.
Ceramic Crowns: These crowns provide better and more natural color and are suitable for those patients who are allergic to metal.
PFM Crowns: These crowns look the most like natural teeth.
Full Gold Dental Crowns: Gold is an inert metal and is completely biocompatible with your body. Although these crowns aren’t that aesthetic, they are an excellent choice for molars.
What is a dental bridge?
By choosing to visit Smile Forever Atlanta, we can provide you with a dental bridge which can help you restore your beautiful smile. Dental bridges can be used in filling places of the enamel where teeth have been lost, helping to restore one’s appearance. They also promote better chewing and speaking ability by keeping an even bite. They also help maintain the shape of the face and stopping the tooth from drifting off its position.
When do you require a dental bridge?
A dental bridge can help in fixing the following dental issues:
- One or more teeth are missing
- Shifting of bite pressures in the mouth
- Presence of gaps between teeth
- Experiencing fractured teeth
Call us 404-261-8880 or schedule an online appointment with Dr. Patel for a consultation at our office in Atlanta, GA.