All-On-4 dental implants are a permanent tooth replacement solution for those who are missing the majority of or all of their natural lower teeth. All-On-4 dental implants use four anchor screws to hold the dental implants securely. This procedure is considered to be less invasive, replacing all the teeth of the lower jaw.
How do you know if you are a candidate for All-on-4 dental implants?
With the help of 3D imaging techniques, the dentist will assess which treatment option will be right for you. Using those 3D images of your jaw, the dentist will evaluate your bone quality, volume & quantity. Due to virtual surgery, you could already see your results even before undergoing surgery, and also each pre-planned step will be executed precisely.
What is the procedure for getting All-On-4 dental implants?
The dentist will discuss the procedure with you in detail and will also want to know about your medical history. The dentist then carries out a Cone Beam CT scan, a specialized type of 3-D dental X-ray that will show every minute detail of your jaws, muscles, and other facial structures. Using the CT scan, the dentist will be accurately able to plan the position of each implant with minimal incisions.
The dentist provides local anesthesia to take away your anxiety and surgically places the four dental implants. They are then immediately fitted with your new temporary teeth, which will allow you to eat and talk without any fear of embarrassment. As the implants heal and integrate with your jawbone, you can return to the dentist to be fitted for your permanent teeth.
What are the benefits of All-On-4 dental implants?
All-On-4 dental implants have the below benefits:
- They are permanent teeth that will make you look and feel like natural teeth.
- They are stable, and so you can bite with increased force.
- It allows you to eat your favorite foods again.
- The patient won’t feel any discomfort.
- You don’t have to worry about them slipping off.
- The presence of implants, stimulates the bone preventing further bone loss.
- There won’t be any more gagging.
- You can maintain them as your natural teeth.
- You don’t have to deal with any messy, sticky adhesives.
Call us 404-261-8880 or schedule an online appointment with Dr. Patel for a consultation at our office in Atlanta, GA.